Thursday 25 January 2018

FHHM - Day 21 - Week 2 recap (results tomorrow!)

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!  Happy birthday dear me-eee, happy birthday to me!

Tough week! Between birthday visits and treats I definitely overdid the calories.  Plus the wine and I enjoyed some Crown, too. How much I overdid the calories I'm not entirely sure, as it was going to be too challenging to figure out the little bites here and there.  I did stay on Keto diet though, so hopefully tomorrows results are too disappointing.

The Workout

I took Mon and Weds as rest days this week.  And since on Sunday I did a run instead of the scheduled workout, it means I'm down one of her workouts.  I'm going to see if I can add it to tomorrow's workout.

I had a non-scale victory today I'd like to share.  Most Thursdays I play volleyball with the spunkiest, nicest, calmly competitive ladies.  The game tonight was at 8:30, and Isaac has soccer from 8 to 9 at the other end of town.  It's also my 5K day!  So what I've been doing each week is dropping Isaac off early and then heading to the gym to complete the run just in time for volleyball.  Today one of my good volleyball friends, who I've been playing with for the last ten years but who had to stop playing this year due to working on the East Coast, was joining us for the game!  The ladies were meeting up at the pub just before the game to have a pint and catch up.  Oh how I wanted to join them!  I dropped Isaac off at 7:15 and headed towards the gym which also was the same direction as the pub.  I was in a bit of a dilemma.  I really wanted to sit and have a glass of wine and catch up with my friends.  I was justifying that I could always do the run tomorrow. But when I listened to myself, all I heard was distractions and excuses.  Certainly I can also see my friends another time too!  It's so easy to put off doing the hard work to see the results, and I almost did that.  I'm so glad I did my run, and I still got a bit of catch up during the game :)

Hard work isn't easy, but it sure feels good to stay on track!

 Week 1 5K - 38:00
 Week 2 5K - 35:58
 Week 3 5K - 35:32

I shaved another 26 seconds of the run, wahoo!

The Food

The food has been good, and I'm very curious to know whether I've continued to lose weight.  And if not, I wonder whether it's because I went over on calories in general, or whether my food choices weren't good.  It may take some time to figure out the best combination for me.  I did snack on lots of the apparently keto-friendly treats that Paul bought for me, but I did notice that there are some carbs there so I may have had too many carbs. 

I've been focusing on proteins and fats and the food has been very tasty.  For my birthday dinner, I made a kale caesar salad with bacon (no croutons) and a roasted eggplant lasagna.  Both were so tasty!  Paul managed to bake a cherry chip cake using keto flours and stevia sugars.  It didn't fluff up the way the original does, but the taste was close.  I'd say it's a win and perhaps could be improved upon.



My breakfasts are usually egg cups with cut up cucumber.

That's it for now. I'll share my results tomorrow.  Hope that you are all keeping your eyes on your goals, it will happen for you.

Nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to You...Happy Birthday to You!! Way to go Jessica. I must admit if it had been me, I would have gone to the pub instead of the workout lol. So good job! I hope you still had time to visit with your old friend though. Friends are important too! I saw the cake Paul made. It looked delicious. Can't wait to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol It was definitely a long mental debate! I figure there will be many more opportunities to make excuses or cut corners that I may as well go for it when I can. Thanks for the comment, and your support! XO

      Delete