Wednesday 10 January 2018

Week 1 Mid-week update (Fit Healthy Happy Mum)

Good evening friends!

I am in the home stretch of the first week of the 8 week program.  The workouts are great so far.  Definitely can be done by people of any athletic level as you simply adjust your pace to one that is comfortable.

Since it's been so cold and snowy I took my workout to the gym again.  The workout consisted of alternating sets of running intermixed with kettle swings.  While I would have preferred to do this one outside (as I prefer all of my runs!) I managed just fine by bringing a heavy dumbbell with me to my treadmill and stepping off after each run to complete the swings.  I finished with some stretching and a rest on the massage chair. :)

My meals today were kept simple.  A recipe Sharny shared as part of the program is one for egg pies.  Very simple and easy to make in muffin tins and absolutely delicious!  I use turkey bacon and then mixed in some mushrooms and herbs into the egg mixture.  Each one has about 93 calories!

For lunch I had a grilled chicken breast with a spring green salad and vinaigrette, and more chicken for dinner but this time with steamed green beans.  It was a hectic day and I wasn't able to pull out fish, but I love having spring greens with a couple tablespoons of sunflower seeds on them, so yummy. If you're interested in seeing more about my food choices you can find me on myfitnesspal as jfaure23.

Tomorrow is going to be a good challenge as the final workout of the week is to complete a 5K! I'll let you know how it all goes. I will also provide my end of week one weigh-in.  I was hoping to take measurements but I cannot find my tape... I'll try another look tomorrow so that I can at least get a reading though a bit late.

Til then, sleep tight!

Peach

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great workout in the gym. Hope you can find your measuring tape soon because your measurements are probably changing for the better already! Great job.

    ReplyDelete