Sunday 14 January 2018

Day 10 - Fit Healthy Happy Mum Update

Wow! I'm absolutely blown away by the support from you, my Facebook friends.  What an encouraging bunch you all are!  It really helps to keep me motivated knowing that others are in the ring with me.  Thank you so much!

The weekend has been very busy with all the kiddos.  I managed to make it to the gym after bringing Isaac to his soccer game.  The workout was once again a great blend of running (which I love) and HIIT (which I also love).  For those of you unfamiliar with the term, HIIT refers to High Intensity Interval Training which consists of short bursts of high energy strength moves which really gets heartrate up.

Today was a rest day for me.  As part of the program, each week as two built in rest days.  It's flexible so that I choose what two days work best for me and the family.  Tomorrow's workout is a double-whammy. I can't wait to share it all with you!

With respect to food, on this 8 week program I generally follow the Keto diet however it is a bit more stringent since we are trying to cleanse my body.  I'm going to try hard to stay true to it, but I can tell I'm going to miss dairy along with all the other good stuff (carbs, sugar, fruit). Just like when I did the Jillian Michael's program, I eventually adapted the meals to suit me while staying within my nutrient macros and calories.  We'll see where I end up with this one.  My meals generally consist of a protein and a veggie with some nuts or seeds thrown in.  It really is quite tasty :)  I find the flavour of food has been enhanced since paring down my food variety.

This is an example of a breakfast: Egg pies with a green salad and avocado



Very satisfying!

Hope you all had a great weekend... And kick some bum tomorrow!

Nighty night,
Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment