Thursday 18 January 2018

Day 14 - Fit Healthy Happy Mum (Results tomorrow)

Good evening!

I have to say one the best things about being home on leave with the baby is the ability to be flexible.  Flexible for my kids and for myself.  This morning I was able to whip up a batch of banana muffins for the kids.  And it just makes the house smell so delicious!

The Workout

Today was the final day of week 2.  Yesterday (day 13) was a double workout but simplified.  The first part was a series of squats, pushups and pullups performed in repetition.  The second part was hill runs, done for 20 seconds up the hill, rest on the walk down, and repeat 8 times.  I managed to do this at the nearby hill next to our public school.  I happened to be at school for a council meeting last evening and so did the runs afterwards.  Anything is possible, sometimes it just needs a modification.  My runs up were about 12-13 seconds, not the required 20, but I still did it.

As is customary for this workout program, the final day of each week I do a 5K.  Again, I set the incline on the treadmill to 0.5 to help mimic running outdoors.  This time I set the pace slightly lower than last weeks in order to increase my long run time (running without stopping).  I ran for 18 minutes, walked 2, then ran til I finished the 5K at 35:58, an improvement from last week!

  Week 1 5K - 38:00
  Week 2 5K - 35:58

So tomorrow begins Week 3.  I'm so thrilled with my results so far.  I do my weigh-ins in the morning, so will publish my results tomorrow.

The Food

I've been eating more Keto meals, rather than the meal plan that Sharny provided.  I think that I am losing enough weight on the program that I don't need to do the 'extreme' part.  My breakfast was some of the leftover Bacon Egg Cups with cucumber.  Lunch I tried something new from Suzanne Ryan's cookbook - Chicken Salad served on lettuce leafs.  It was so satisfying!  I could easily put in the kids lunches on bread.  Dinner was a bit of a fail.... I had some leftover bolognese sauce without the zucchini.  But my calories have been bang on to my target in order to reach my goal body fat %. 

The most important thing: I do not feel hungry and I do not feel like I'm missing out!  Tomorrow I'm going to try make some Keto desserts, like chocolate chip cookies, that I can share with the kids.

That's it for now.  Stay tuned for my week 2 results coming tomorrow, and the start of week 3!

Nighty night,
Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment