Monday 19 January 2015

Two week update

Here we are - two weeks into my new regimen.

So, you know how fitness experts say that if you want to get fit (or feel better or lose weight etc) it's all about the lifestyle change, more so than it is about your day to day activities.  I am a great example of this.

Two weeks in, started off strong and I followed my meal (and cheat) plan almost to a tee.  I've been eating throughout the day consistently 300kcal at each 3hr interval.  Trying to prepare a blend of foods so that my total daily caloric intake is comprised of 50% carbs, 30% proteins and 20% fats.  Is this ever hard to accomplish!  There is just too much fat in food, at least the food that is already prepared for us.  I started strong, but then it turned into... "Okay, I'll have my cheat meal on Thursday evening instead of Friday evening, and on Friday evening I'll go light on the Crown and Diet.".  What the heck?!  Yeah Jess, you know that's not going to happen.  Then I couldn't squeeze in my exercises on Friday.  Then, I just felt so fed up and lazy I 'almost' didn't do Sunday's workout.  I say almost, because it was THAT close.  But I did end up doing a Jillian Michael's level 7 of Body Revolution.

So here's the deal.  Working out and exercising is not just going to happen. It's got to be penciled in and you've got to want to make the change.  It's not about doing it when it's convenient or when I feel like it.  It's ALL the TIME.  And if it's not all the time, it's at least scheduled in and I'm aware of it for the remaining hours of the day.

Overall, my last two weeks have been okay.  I haven't weighed in yet today as I didn't make it to the gym, but was down 3lbs last week and many inches all over.  I will keep it up.  No confusion.  I know what I am doing this for.  No more excuses.  I just wish there was someone there when I woke up in the morning waving a flag of victory saying 'Today is a new day and you've got this!'. I must be dreaming...

Nighty night all, tomorrow is a new day so face it strong!

Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment